a graphic that says "an update from Dr. Jake Long"

Bomber Parents and Guardians,

I want to update you on our plans for the day. We plan to be in session all day today. Based on the weather forecast, the snow looks to stop between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. We feel staying in school for the full day will be the safest option to get students home safely, but we know there will be some snow-covered roads. Our bus drivers will use their own discretion as they drop students off this afternoon. That means that if they encounter a road they cannot make it down, they will contact you to meet them to safely deliver your child(ren).

I do want to report that we had no issues during the 5-7:30 a.m. window for bus commute, but as you know the snow escalated quickly after our buses dropped students off safely at school. 

I also wanted to take the opportunity to remind parents of our Alternative Methods of Instruction procedures. Moving forward, if we announce an AMI day, for weather-related issues or widespread illness, students in grades K-2 will complete AMI packets and students in grades 3-12 will complete their assignments through Canvas online. In the future, if we need to utilize snow routes, there are updated copies of those routes available here

Thank you for your continued partnership as we work through these challenging weather situations.